There are two ways to log your Challenge distances:
- Get a verified result by connecting your device to PWR Lab, our Silicon Valley-based technology partner. Your activities will be automatically synced with our leaderboard.
- Manually submit your activity from our interactive leaderboard.
👉 NOTE: You do not need a PWR Lab subscription to participate in the event, including previous free trials that have expired.
A) New to PWR Lab? Sign up here using the email address you used to register for the event and follow the guided steps to link your compatible device. Your new account & valid race results will automatically be linked to the Leaderboard!
Devices that sync 'running' activities to COROS, Garmin Connect, Suunto App, and Polar Flow are currently compatible. You can also record directly on your phone (for free) using Suunto App. (Suunto Movescount, Apple Watch, Fitbit, and Strava are not currently compatible)
B) Already have PWR Lab? If your account already exists with the email address you used when you registered for the San José Series then you're all set – you will automatically be added to the Leaderboard.
If your PWR Lab Training App account does not use the email you registered for the event then there's one additional step to get linked up.
All you need to submit manually is the following:
- Visit the PWR Lab Leaderboard Sign-In Page
- The email that you used to register for this event
- Your Bib #: Located on the Leaderboard or in your confirmation email.
or if you registered multiple people under one email address you can lookup all Bib #s on the PWR Lab Leaderboard.
Once logged in, you'll click on "Submit Results" > "New Activity"
- Add Date
- Add Duration
- Select Challenge Segment from the Drop-Down Menu
💡 You can run a Challenge distance as many times as you'd like in 2021!
Get ready for each of your Challenge distances by reviewing the course you'd like to run, plan your schedule, then run your race! Feel free to run it as many times as you wish in 2021 - only your fastest attempt will count toward leaderboard points.
To correctly record a Verified attempt you must:
- Record your run with a compatible GPS device (Suunto users must sync to Suunto App, not Movescount)
- Start recording a "running" activity at your start line and end the activity at the designated race distance or your finish line.
- Ensure you GPS lock at the start and end of the activity to ensure coordinates are captured
- Watch must record one continuous activity and must be the distance of the event. You'll need to run the minimum distance listed and no more than 5% longer than the distance listed (and who wants to run extra anyway, right)? For instance, if you are running your Half Marathon and your GPS captures 14 miles rather than 13.1 miles, it will not count toward your Half Marathon.
- Do not pause. Your total time between start line and finish line will be counted!
Pausing the watch does NOT stop the clock – you’re in a race!
Take advantage of having extra space & time to stay safe and optimize your race!
Standings on the California Challenge Leaderboard will continue to unfold as more Individuals submit results. You'll unlock a California Challenge Region every time you submit a result for the respective distance – look out for your finisher's email and also your lit up Regions on the Leaderboad map!
Trusted by athletes of all levels and the most innovative brands & organizations.
PWR Lab is a running analytics company created to help runners avoid training injuries by connecting big data with sport science. The platform helps runners of any level predict risk, prevent injury, and perform optimally.
You’re eligible to redeem a free trial on their platform – no credit card info needed, no obligation, no risk – which begins when you create your account.